John played a significant role in the BESNA dispute, pulling together the Rank and File and the Official side of the union, and securing the support of the General Secretary, resulting in a victory for construction workers.
John has campaigned alongside the Blacklisting Support Group, again pulling together the Rank and file of the industry and the Official side of the union with involvement from General Secretary Len McCluskey and Assistant General Secretary Gail Cartmail.
More recently John has been involved with the Crossrail Leverage Campaign, which was highly successful in winning the reinstatement of Frank Morris.
This is not the end of the campaign, John has secured financial and human resources to ensure we get this project organised and unionised.
- Direct Employment and Registration for all Building Workers
- Occupational Pension Rights for all
- Improved Health and Safety conditions on all sites
- Legislation to jail negligent bosses for corporate killing /manslaughter
- Quality training & Proper Apprenticeships to create employment and resolve Skill Shortages
- To expose all efforts by bosses to “Blacklist” union members and seek the introduction of retrospective legislation
- Eradication of low wages and poor, difficult working arrangements
- To support demands for a modern travel and mileage agreement, to replace the current inadequate arrangements
- To work with the Union and the Government to prevent employers employing and exploiting cheap foreign labour to undermine construction national collective agreements
Members who have not received a ballot paper by Monday 14 April 2014 should contact the ballot enquiry service on 0800 783 3856.